The IRS can help with a disaster. But, the president must first declare a federal disaster. Here’s a summary of tax-related items that usually happen after a disaster is declared:
• The IRS gives taxpayers more time to file and pay taxes.
• Taxpayers can qualify for a casualty loss tax deduction.
• People can file for a disaster loan or grant.
• Taxpayers can request a tax return transcript.
• People should submit a change of address if they move.
For more info, see https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/bulletins/2606d94
If you would like free tax tips, updates and articles, you can subscribe to my website at https://tjcarroll-law.com/subscribe/
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥, 𝐏.𝐂. 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐱𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐚𝐱 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰.
𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐑𝐒, 𝐍𝐘 & 𝐍𝐉 𝐓𝐚𝐱 𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐬, 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 & 𝐓𝐚𝐱 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.