Donations bring fraudsters. And the IRS has a tool that can help people figure out if the charity they are giving to is legitimate.
Tax Exempt Organization Search (TEOS) on IRS.gov allows users to search for tax-exempt charities. This can be used to help determine if their charity is legitimate.
The TEOS tool-
• Provides information about an organization’s federal tax status and filings.
• Donors can use it to confirm that an organization is tax-exempt and eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
• Users can find out if an organization had its tax-exempt status revoked.
• Organizations are searchable by legal name or a doing business as name on file with the IRS.
• The search results are sortable by name, Employee Identification Number, state and country.
If you need help, contact us at https://tjcarroll-law.com/contact/
𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥, 𝐏.𝐂. 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐱𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐚𝐱 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰.
𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐑𝐒, 𝐍𝐘 & 𝐍𝐉 𝐓𝐚𝐱 𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐬, 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬 & 𝐓𝐚𝐱 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.